About

Scott DoddHello. My name is Scott Dodd, and I describe myself as an educator who seeks to  improve accountability that includes teaching for meaning and 21st cent skills.

I believe that the decisions we make about education need to benefit the learners who, in my educational circles, are children. I am a proponent of the development of general thinking skills, and I look for ways to assess students on what they are able to do…on what they are able to apply…once they have completed a planned course of instruction.

As you read my blog, I hope you are able to identify examples of this effort to improve instruction in ways that are recognized by the full range of stakeholders.

Text Box: Name: ____________________________________  Date: ____________________________________Illustrating from the Microscope- Directions:

1. Observe the magnified saltwort leaf from the mini-marsh in the microscope. Mr. Dodd’s Fifth Grade Science class, CBES

2. Make two drawings of the leaf using different magnifications under the microscope and one illustration of it without the microscope.

3. Use words to point out the different details of each perspective.

This is my illustration of a saltwort leaf at a magnification of:

X_______________

X_______________

This is my illustration of a saltwort leaf without the microscope.

Here are my details of this illustration:

2 thoughts on “About

1. Hey, I thought of you today when I met someone else with the same last name. I found you on LinkedIn and then found this blog. I thought I’d simply reach out and say “hi” as I have pleasant memories of conversations we had many, many years ago at Taylor.

I hope that you and yours are well.

Best regards,
    Ron Moser

2. Ron,
    Good to hear from you.
    I remember our time at Taylor.
    Thank you for reaching out.
    You were a friend during a difficult time.
    I appreciate that.
    Best,
    Scott